The ART2000i is designed using the knowledge gained in manufacturing tens of thousands of channels of touring dimming, this install system combines the robustness of design from a touring system with the economy of a system which does not need to move.
Care has gone into the design to ensure it is easy and flexible to install and you can be confident in the knowledge that using the ART2000i in any install design will make the installers job fast as well as giving the client trouble free operation for years to come.
The optional integral patching expands the possibilities of ART2000 including that of a mixture of touring and install systems, enabling a smaller number of install channels with the knowledge that additional channels can be hired in or purchased as touring systems for larger productions.
For installers this means less work having to make or buy a custom patch option, which reduces the over system cost to the client.
The ART200i is based on a master frame containing 2 dimmer modules and an optional expansion module that can add another two modules. Then module channel options are:
- 16amp 12 channel continuously rated dimming module with 250uS rise time
- 16amp 12 channel switch module for powering moving lights or other equipment.
- 16amp 12 Channel Contactor module, allowing remote switching of ballasted fixtures
- 32amp 6 channel continuously rated dimming module with 250uS rise time
These modules can be mixed in a system, allowing for a maximum of 48 channels of 16A A to 24 channels of 32A all under a single control.
The exact specification you need can be built using a number of standard parts, these are listed at the end of the document but please contact us to ensure the most optimum system is put together.
Each frame has a dedicated mains inlet, allowing for easy retrofit in venues with smaller mains supplies already fitted. Each frame can have a mains isolator switch in the cases where the installed mains controls are further away.
Each modules can be protected with a 30mA RCB allowing for maximum safety.
The design incorporates full monitoring and status feedback via the backlit LCD display. Static state environments are catered for using the front panel control. Further 12 memories can be recorded for later replaying either as a simple show in the event a console is not available.
Other features include full DMX patch and merge (2 DMX lines), dimmer curve and limit selection per channel, power OK indicators .
The ‘Load Check’ and “Breaker status” of each channel is indicated on the LCD screen to give a positive feedback about the system status.
Even though the install system will never move, the whole system is constructed to the tough, high-quality design-and-build specifications of all other Avolites products.
- 24/48 16amp channels or 12/24 32 Amp channels, or permutations of this.
- Size 1000high 500wide 200deep (Hotpatch increases this, see below).
- Twin DMX inputs fully patchable + RDM ready.
- 12 Internal memories.
- Panic input. With programmable response
- Hotpatch dimmer outputs to install circuits.
- 30mA RCB protection.
- Easily installed, electronics installed separately once building is clean.
- Easy commissioning.
- Easy disconnect of Live and neutral for building electrical testing.
- 240uS rise time.
- Proven design, thousands of channels of Art2000 in operation daily.
- The sturdy mainframe is made from 1.5 mm folded, welded and powder coated steel.
- The mainframe is 500mm wide 1000mm high and 200mm deep.
- The mainframe with optional patch is 500mm wide 1150mm high and 200mm deep.
- The mainframe weights 31 Kg.
- The 16A power block 16 Kg.
- The 32A power block 16 Kg.
- Patch panel 6 Kg.
The system is build around a mainframe and two power blocks. The power block variants are:-
- 12 channel Dimmer 16A C-Type breaker 240 µSec rise time choke.
- 12 channel Switch 16A C-Type breaker
- 12 channel contactor 16A C-Type breaker
- 6 channel 32A C-Type breaker 240 µSec rise time choke.
- All channels are rated at 100% duty cycle at 40 °C.
- Cooling is achieved by 2 temperature dependant speed controlled fans which are switched off during inactive periods (all channels at 0%).
- An optional air filter set is available for the air intake.
The Phase allocation per power block is
- Phase 1 channels 1, 4, 7, 10.
- Phase 2 channels 2, 5, 8, 11.
- Phase 3 channels 3, 6, 9, 12.
A system consists of 1 master mainframe and optionally 1 expansion frame. Each frame can hold 2 modules , each module containing either 12 channels of 16 Amps or 6 channels of 32 Amps per channel.
The possible configurations therefore are:-
- 24 channel of 16A.
- 12 channels of 16A and 6 channels of 32A.
- 12 channels of 32A.
Master + Expansion Mainframe (2 main frames linked)
- 48 channels of 16A.
- 36 channels of 16A and 6 channels of 32A.
- 24 channels of 16A and 12 channels of 32A.
- 12 channels of 16A and 18 channels of 32A.
- 24 channels of 32A.
The mainframe can be fitted with optional 30mA RCB protection for each power block.
Each frame can be fitted with a 125A mains isolator, which can be locked in the off position.
- The mains input uses 5 Wago cage clamps capable of receiving 35mm² cables without specialist crimping tools.
- The system requires a 3-Phase 4 wire mains connection (TN-S or TN-C-S)
- 240V P-N/ 415 P-P/ 0V N-E.
- The supply needs to be protected with maximum of 125A D type breaker or equivalent fused disconnect or.
- The maximum Icu is 6kA.
- The maximum withstand voltage is 2000V.
Connection directly to the dimmer circuits
The mainframe load connection to the building wiring is through two multipin connectors allowing easy disconnection of both the neutral and phase connections for periodic wiring tests.
Using the integral patching option
An optional integral patch panel consists of two outlets per 16 amp dimmer channel and is complemented by a 48 circuit panel for connection to the installed circuits. Connection to this is via four multipin connectors allowing for easy disconnection of both the neutral and phase connections for periodic wiring tests.
- The system is fully digital, no trimming is needed.
- Two DMX 512 inputs which can be individually addressed and merged on an HTP basis.
- Local channel control is through an intuitive encoder wheel and on-screen level matrix.
- 12 memories can be stored and replayed using the encoder wheel and on-screen level matrix.
- Breaker and Load Status is displayed on screen, and through RDM when available.
- Remote store and replay of memories by any ART dimmer family member
- Memory 12 can be controlled by a 12V AC or DC panic input.
- Intuitive user interface using a large 42 x 8 character graphics quality backlit LCD display.
- Individual channels can be set to any of the available curves.
- Individual channels can have a limit level set.
- Individual Preheat for each channel.
- Plug in Control card for easy maintenance.
- Software upgradeable via a PC and download cable.